The next Asia-Pacific Chamber Music Competition will be held in July 2017.
Subscribe to Chamber Music Australia’s enews and check this website regularly to stay informed with news and announcements
The Asia-Pacific Chamber Music Competition is open to the best young piano trios and string quartets from the Asia-Pacific region and is presented by Chamber Music Australia in association with Melbourne Recital Centre.
The 2013 Asia-Pacific Chamber Music Competition was opened on Monday 8 July by Singapore’s dynamic T’ang Quartet.
Over the seven days from 8-14 July 2013 ensembles from China, Japan, Singapore and Australia competed in public concerts at the ABC Iwaki Auditorium in Southbank, Melbourne and the finals were held at Melbourne Recital Centre on Sunday 14 July.
- Renowned chamber musician and Concertmaster of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Wilma Smith, chaired the jury of the 2013 Asia-Pacific Chamber Music Competition.
- Jensen Horn-Sin Lam - Artistic Director of Ensemble Les Amis Shanghai, and Professor of Chamber Music at the Shanghai Conservatory of Music
- Ian Munro - Internationally renowned Australian pianist and composer
- Euan Murdoch - cellist and CEO, Chamber Music New Zealand
- Li‐Wei Qin – cellist and guest professor at the Shanghai Conservatory and the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing
- Natsuko Yoshimoto – Concert Master of the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra